Depression is a mood disorder that causes a persistent feeling of sadness and loss of interest. It is way more common than you think. You are not alone. If you find you have some of these signs, open your mouth and ask for help. It gets better. I promise.
- Persistent feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Irritability or frustration, even over small matters
- Loss of interest and/or pleasure in normal activities
- Feelings of guilt, restlessness, or worthlessness
- Decreased energy or fatigue
- Slowed thinking, moving, or talking
- Decreased appetite and weight loss, or increased cravings and weight gain
- Trouble thinking, concentrating, making decisions, or remembering things
- Thoughts of death or suicide, or suicide attempts
- Aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems without a clear physical cause and/or that do not ease even with treatment
For more information go to http://www.nimh.nih.gov or call their hotline @ 1-866-615-6464
Now, Go. See. Do.