We are heading in to my favorite seasons, spring and summer. I love the sun as much as I love books. Give me both and I’m in heaven. My perfect reading spot is on the beach, but give me a book, a hammock and sunshine anywhere and I’m one happy lizard.
Read All Day: May
1. American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins ????????
Someone once told me that the only good advice for grief is to stay hydrated. Because everything else is just chingaderas.
2. The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver ????????
I found the old me, still in here, and the new me sitting right alongside her. We made friends.
3. The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren ????????
That’s the whole point of luck, isn’t it? You have to trust that it’s not fleeting.
4. The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth ????????
I worked hard for everything I ever cared about, and nothing I ever cared about cost a single cent.
5. The Man from the Train: The Solving of a Century-Old Serial Killer Mystery by Bill James, Rachel McCarthy James ????
This book is almost entirely about people who lived in small towns a hundred years ago. As much about how they died as about how they lived. But the flash of death illuminated the lifes the victims have lived.
6. The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare ????????
It is the hate that is the enemy. Not men. Hate does not die with killing. It only springs up a hundredfold. The only thing stronger than hate is love.
7. The Breakdown by B.A. Paris ??????
I never really remember doing any of it, which should worry me more than it does…
8. Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center ??????
It’s amazing how brave you can be when you feel safe.
9. The Library Book by Susan Orlean ??????????
All the things that are wrong in the world seem conquered by a library’s simple unspoken promise: Here I am, please tell me your story; here is my story, please listen.
10. Restart by Gordon Korman ????????
What was so wrong about the old me that now I have to be somebody else?
11. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston ????
He’s not afraid of anything he feels. He’s not afraid of saying it. He’s only afraid of what will happen when he does.
12. The Dutch House by Ann Patchett ????????
Thinking about the past impeded my efforts to be decent in the present.
13. Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid ??????
I don’t need you to be mad that it happened. I need you to be mad that it just like… happens.
Now, Go. See. Do.